KAROO VIEW is located towards the Northern end of the PRINCE ALBERT village, 350m off the main street, overlooking the village.
PRINCE ALBERT is located at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains, The gateway between the GREAT KAROO and the KLEIN KAROO, 115 km North of Oudtshoorn on Route 62.
Only 350m off the main street of the village of Prince Albert.
GPS: 33° 11’ 22.28’’ / 22° 01’07.08’’ East
MAGRIETA PRINSLOO ROAD – opposite Prickly Pear Restaurant
Continue to Stop street – continue for a couple 100 meters.
No dirt roads – all tarred
Look out for our National Road Sign – KAROO VIEW
Beaufort West - N12- towards Klaarstroom - For those who wish to avoid the N1. Travel 119 km – at the T-Junction turn right towards Prince Albert (Ignore the 1st Prince Albert sign as this is not tarred and continue to the 2nd sign) 45 km via Kredouw Pass and through the Prince Albert valley.
From the N1 - For the less adventurous who want a more direct route or stop over:
- 476 km South of Colesburg : 4.5 hour drive
- 180 km South of Beaufort West 2 hour drive
- 125km South of the Karoo National Park 1.5 hour drive
- 45 km off the N1 from Prince Albert Road : 30 minute drive
- 155 km North of Matjiesfontein 4.5 hour drive
- 400 km North of Cape Town via the N1 and the Hex River Valley : 4.5 hour drive
- All roads are tarred, in good condition with spectacular views of the Karoo veld and mountains.
From the East Coast - Perfect for the adventurous who wish to explore poorts and mountain passes:
- 400 km from Port Elizabeth : 4.5 hour drive
- 332 km from Barrydale and 162 km from Calitzdorp along Route 62
- 185 km from Mossel Bay via Robinson Pass
- 245 km from Knysna via George / Oudtshoorn : 3 hour drive
- 175 km from George via Oudtshoorn / Meiringspoort : 2 hour drive
- 115 km from Oudtshoorn via N12 / Meiringspoort : 1.20 hour drive
- 67 km from Oudtshoorn via The Swartberg Pass
- 45 km from the Cango Caves via The Swartberg Pass : 1 hour drive
- 77 km from De Rust via Meiringspoort : 45 minute drive
- 55 km from Meiringspoort and Klaarstroom
- 157 km from Uniondale and the entrance to the Langkloof valley
- 148 km from Willomore and the entrance to the famous Baviaanskloof via Klaarstroom and the Prince Albert Valley.
- **All roads are tarred, with the exception of the Swartberg Pass, which is in good condition, unless it has been snowing or after heavy rains. There will be notices to advise you on either side of the Pass advising if closed NB: No caravans allowed over the Pass.
Prince Albert Airfield
- GPS co-ordinates 33° 11’ 22.28’’ south and 22° 01’07.08’’ east
- Prince Albert Road railway station is 45km away
- Greyhound bus stops at Prince Albert Road.
- Prince Albert Village The Karoo Karoo Landscape Karoo Sunset