Karoo View Accommodation
Welcome, come inside and experience what we have to offer you:
At Karoo View, we have four open plan and spacious 72sqm Karoo styled cottages which are beautifully furnished with your home from home comforts, married with luxury, attention to detail and tastefully and individually decorated with your comfort in mind. They all have large window views overlooking our natural indigenous gardens, Robert Gordon Kopje, village of Prince Albert and the Swartberg mountains.
Our private Stoep Suite, with private entrance offers an air-conditioned en-suite bedroom with beautiful double volume natural reed ceilings, mock sash windows providing beautiful views of the mountains and use of the communal boma & plunge pool. Stoep Suite is smaller than the 4 main cottages and has a studio kitchenette area. The bathroom with its corner bath and huge walk in shower is a delight.
Choose from either:
Suggestions of what to bring with you:
- Summertime:Pool towels, sun block, sun hat and costumes
- Cooler months: Hiking boots / good walking shoes, appropriate clothing – lovely walks from here
- Winter months: Warm Jackets to keep off the chill from the natural “Karoo cooler”
For all seasons
- Bicycles and or cycling gear , running gear for the Park Run
- Food and Refreshments
What you do not need to bring with you
- Salt, pepper, spray n cook, serviettes, paper towels, swabs, T-Towels and dishwashing liquid.
- Braai grids, tongs, charcoal, wood and firelighters, as these are supplied.
- Bed Linen, Towels, dressing gowns, hairdryer and hangers.
Some important information:
We do have a Spar and a Tops as well as various small shops, however some of these are not open on Saturday afternoons &/ or Sunday afternoons.
Fresh bread fruit and vegetables are available at the Spar, Lazy Lizard & Swartberg Hotel.
Fresh veggies and various homemade delights available at the Saturday Morning Market
You are welcome to pre-order a Karoo braai basket prior to arrival at an additional cost, and then you are welcome to pick fresh herbs and veggies from our organic tunnel with our compliments. Braai baskets feature locally sourced Karoo Lamb Chops, Boerewors and Free Range Chicken Pieces, Homemade Bread, Butter and Spices. Salad platters can also be made up to order.
We can do shopping for your basic food provisions to stock your fridge and cupboard. This will enable you to relax and unwind when you arrive. Enquire when making your reservation. All items subject to availability.
A glass or two of welcome Sherry awaits you on arrival.